As of this morning, flooding has reached historic levels from some areas of south Texas. This morning a levee was breached in the Columbia Lakes area worsening conditions. You have the opportunity to help those in need.
Here is what the NHC NOAA has said about Harvey: “Heavy rains continue to spread over the Houston area and other locations in southeastern Texas and southern Louisiana, exacerbating what is already a catastrophic flood event. Rainfall totals of nearly 50 inches have been observed at several locations in the Greater Houston area and southeastern Texas. Storm totals could reach higher amounts in some locations, which would be historic for the area.”
Below are various ways you can help:
Non-cash Donations (where to drop them off and what is needed):
- Kate Weiser Chocolate- Until Friday, take bottled water to Trinity Groves or Northpark location. For every case donated, you’ll receive free two-piece box of chocolates.
- Sandwich Hag-Starting tomorrow, they will collect new underwear, pillows, sweatsuits, towels, toiletries, and pack n’ plays.
- Parlay Sports Club- They are collecting underwear, pillows, baby formula, toiletries, and non-perishable items. In exchange for donations, Parlay will give one complimentary drink ticket per person.
- Monkey King Noodle Company- Both locations are collecting new underwear, toiletries, feminine hygiene products, diapers and baby wipes, and bottled water.
- Emporium Pies- Bishop Arts, Deep Ellum and McKinney locations are accepting diapers and baby wipes.
- Carter BloodCare-Give blood at any local Carter BloodCare or text to give DONATE4LIFE to 444-999
- TangoTab-Drop off at Hilton Anatole. Items needed: water, non-perishable food, new underwear and socks, toiletries, baby formula, baby wipes, and diapers
Sip or Dine:
- Cane Rosso- The Deep Ellum location will donate 100% of sales today from 5-10.
- Nora- 25% of dinner sales today will go to American Red Cross.
- #DTX4HTX- City wide fundraiser on Wednesday, Sept. 6 at various bars and restaurants. For an up-to-date list, click here.
- Craft and Growler- $2 of every beer sold between 6 PM- close today will be donated.
- Houston Food Bank
- Food Bank of Corpus Christi
- Houston Humane Society
- San Antonio Humane Society
- United Way of Greater Houston or text UWFLOOD to 41444
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
- Catholic Charities
- Global Giving’s Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
- Save the Children
- Dallas Foundation
- North Texas Food Bank
- Texas Flood and Hurricane Relief
- City of Dallas
- Trusted World– Volunteers are needed from 10-7 to sort donation items through Friday.
- American Red Cross
- Salvation Army
- Various Groups near you
In need of help?
HUD is offering disaster assistance.
Airbnb is waiving service fees for those affected by the disaster and checking in between Aug. 23 and Sept. 25, and can guide users in creating a listing where their home is offered to victims free.