It’s not news to hear “times are tough.” But as a community, Dallas is strong, resilient and sticks together. Many people and local businesses have been deeply impacted by the mandated closures, quarantines, and social distancing. Honest Dallas has put together some resources to help.
Latest updates from the World Health Organization. As always wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
If you have recently been laid off due to COVID-19, Texas waived the waiting week for unemployment. You can file for unemployment. The link lets you know what you need to file and how to file. https://twc.texas.gov/news/twc-waves-certain-requirements-unemployment-benefits-services
Restaurants are forced to close dining areas but are allowed curbside pickup, drive thrus, and delivery. For some that isn’t feasible, please consider reaching out to the venue to order gift certificates or ask how you might be able to help.
Uber Eats announced Monday that it will waive delivery fees for independently owned restaurants.
Here are some restaurants you can support by still ordering. We aren’t endorsing any places; this is just a list.
- Adair’s Saloon -214-939-9900
- AllGood Cafe – 214-742-5362
- Angry Dog – 214-741-4406
- Armoury DE – 972-803-5151
- Biscuit Bar – 469-638-9390
- Bobaddiction – 512-763-2622
- BrainDead Brewing – 214-749-0600
- Brick & Bones – 469-914-6776
- Bucky Moonshine’s -214-748-6901
- Cane Rosso – 214-741-1188
- Easy Slider – 469-917-7111
- Homewood-four-course family meals to go ($40 per person) – 214-434-1244
- Ichigoh – 972-707-0732
- Knife – 214-443-9339
- LOCAL – 214-752-7500
- Local Yocal BBQ and Grill – Order online only
- Las Palmas – 972-863-7900
- Mama Mia Pizza & Pasta – 214-744-6262
- Maracas Cocina Mexicana – 214-748-7140
- Merit Coffee – 469-248-3440
- Mokah Coffee & Tea – 214-651-0633
- MoMo Italian Kitchen – 972-234-6800
- Monkey King Noodle Company – 469-713-2648
- Mot Hai Ba- 972-638-7468
- Murray Street Coffee – 214-655-2808
- Namo- Order online only
- NIWA Japanese BBQ – 214-741-6492
- Pecan Lodge – 214-748-8900
- Pepe’s & Mito’s – 214-741-1901
- Picole Pops – 469-372-1404
- Ruins -972-707-0607
- Sketches of Spain – 214-484-6006
- Skyrocket Burger – 469-372-6122
- Smokey John’s Bar-B-Que – 214-352-2752
- St. Pete’s Dancing Marlin – 214-698-1511
- Street’s Fine Chicken- Online pickup orders and major apps
- Sushi de Handroll – 20% off when you call- 972-290-0589
- Ten Bells Tavern – 214-943-2677
- Terry Black’s BBQ – 469-399-0081
- TJ’s Seafood- 214-691-2369
- The Free Man – 214-377-9893
- Trinity Cider – 469-708-5444
- Uncle Uber’s – 214-653-8237
Shopping local is similar to the restaurants. Many have closed their doors for the safety of their employees and the public. You can buy gift cards and others have online shops.
- All Good Things Paper- curbside pickup or online shopping with free shipping
- Bullzerk- some items will be support service staff; also, 20% off online w/ code WashHands.
- Dowdy Studios- online shop
- Good Records – online shop
- Mosaic Makers Co. – online shop
- Neighborhood Store – Store open by appt. only; online shop
- White Rock Soap Gallery – online shop and e-gift cards
While the libraries are closing, their online offerings are still available. These are great, free resources (especially for those of you with kiddos at home). Please check your local library’s website.
Feel free to reach out if you would like something added to this or if you know of other helpful resources.