It’s been a minute since we’ve done Sunday Sounds, so here’s a refresher and the changes we’ve made. Originally, Sunday Sounds was a full blog post highlighting local and sometimes unsigned musicians from other areas of Texas. We’d share a quick about, music links, and event dates. This would be posted across all channels so on and so for.
With almost everything else, COVID-19 greatly impacted live music. But artists showed how resilient they are and made music anyway. Many started live streaming. Some partnered with venues to stream or have drive-up concerts. Honest Dallas is grateful for the numerous ways artists have shared their music and the technology that lets us enjoy it. (See below for some streams.)
Going forward we will still be highlighting musicians but it won’t be a full post, just an Instagram post. We think this is the best way to get the word out and give recognition. We’re excited to bring this back and hope you all enjoy.
- Marc Billet is streaming on Twitch and YouTube
- Not just music, The Happy Good Time Variety Show hosted by Chad Stockslager streams on Facebook
- Bands In Town stream new music every week (can’t guarantee they are from Dallas, but still worth a watch)
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- Rhett Miller from the Old 97’s on StageIt (StageIt is a way to support artists while they live stream concerts).